Figuring out your ring size can be tricky. It’s definitely worth your time to correctly size your finger. This will give you confidence that you’re ordering the correct size and save you time in the long run.
Here are some tips to help make sure that your LJ Artisan Designs ring is perfect for you!
- It’s important to remember that your finger sizes change over the course of a day as well as throughout the year. Cold weather can cause your fingers to shrink a bit, while heat or water retention (caused by food, medications, etc.) can cause fingers to swell. Measure your finger 3-4 times at a variety of times in the day to get an accurate size.
- The fingers on your dominant hand tend to be larger than those on your non-dominant hand.
- Measure the widest point of your finger, which may be your knuckle. Your ring should fit your finger comfortably; snug enough so that it won’t fall off, but large enough to slide over your knuckle with just a bit of resistance.
- Wider ring bands fit more snugly than narrow bands. Depending on the width and style of the ring, you may have to go up ½ -1 size.
There are a variety of ways to get an accurate ring size measurement:
Visit a local jeweler and have your finger sized. While an accurate way to get your correct size, this gives you another “to-do” and requires the most effort on your part.
- Use string to measure:
- Wrap the string (or dental floss!) around the base of your finger, marking with a pen where the string first overlaps.
- Line the string up with a ruler and measure its length in millimeters.
- Find the closest corresponding ring size on the chart below.
Get my handy and accurate Adjustable Ring Sizer and receive a $20 gift card to go towards your favorite ring! This is a great way to ensure precise sizing. This adjustable sizer wraps around the finger like a belt, allowing you to find your most accurate, most comfortable size. And since it’s reusable, you’ll have it the next time you are ready to order another beautiful ring!